Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wolves did what they had to do, series 3:2 Wolves



It was a warm Thursday night and both teams came out ready for a tough game. The Wolves played with fire in their eyes and by the end of the second period the usually poised Pekka Renne was pulled from goal, replaced by the diminutive Dov Grumet-Morris. It is a rare night when the work horse of the AHL can be shelled out of the net but the Wolves did what they needed to do. If you are going to get the puck past Pekka shoot high and to the right .

With as much complaining as I do about the referring the on ice team lead by Dean Morton as Ref, Chris Woodworth and Justin Lyle in as linemen did a great job. The Wolves and Admirals obviously wanted to do some physical damage to each other. They kept a lid on things from minute one. Yes, there were missed calls but nothing that effected the play of the game. Well done guys!

The final score was 4:1 Wolves, tonight in Milwaukee's Bradley Center they will meet again in game 6. If the Wolves win this one the series ends, if not we go to game 7. Somehow I don't think the Ads will give up tonight, I predict a game 7 is in the Wolves future. As much as I would like to see the Wolves face off against the IceHogs early next week, it ain't a gonna happen.

Here are a few images of the game, I'm still using the Fugi S700. Although I long for the day when I will be ice side with the SlR on it's monopod the little guy is doing a bang up job while my shoulder needs rest from a 3 pound camera. Hang in there Wolves, win one tonight .I'm not ready yet for the big lens. However, give me another week....

Powderhornhockey

No comments: