Saturday, April 12, 2008

04/11/08 Wolves/Hogs too bad somebody had to loose....

First on a personal note, the photog is back in the saddle again! Although the shoulder is still not up to lifting 21/2 + pounds of Canon my shutter was clicking away last night in my favorite home away from home Rockford's Metro Arena. There in the friendly ice side confines I returned surrounded by supportive Rockford colleagues. Who, bless them, did not make a single joke as I snapped away with my Fuji S700 point and shoot. The camera performed beautifully, weighing a mere 11oz it's settings can be changed and lens focused with one hand. Just what my doctor ordered. It felt like heaven to be shooting ice side again, I will never take the feel of camera against my cheek for granted again. Sometimes it takes a short respite to remind you just how much your avocation means to you. There are few things finner than standing ice side with the photogs each of us seeing the game in their own way. Unless it's finding Kissane after a goods nights shooting and taking the road home with my favorite writer. Life is good....

Isn't this blog supposed to be about last night's game? It was one of the toughest games of the season. Made more difficult for both teams by referee Brian Pochmara's inconsistent calls. For the first two periods were score less, not for lack of great shots. Both goalies, Rockford's Corey Crawford and Chicago's Ondreaj Pavelec made absolutely spectacular saves. By the third period it became a question of which mistake would result in a penalty call and a power play. The IceHogs managed to slip 3 by Pavlec and Chicago came up short with 2. It really was a shame that after such a well matched game one team had to loose. However as I remarked to a Rockford friend it always feels better to loose after a great game than to win after a shoot out.

Here are some images of the game..




Powderhornhockey

No comments: