Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pekka Rinne, another reason to respect him.

Powderhornhockey
Last Saturday when Rinne started against the Wolves in their home opener I noticed on the the back of his helmet was a pink ribbon. As a woman who has friends and family touched by breast cancer, Thank You Pekka. One out of eight women will be diagnosed with some form of breast cancer in their lifetime. When I took my nursing boards in 89' the correct answer on the test was one out of ten.. This disease is changing the lives of families and taking the lives of sisters,mothers and friends. Presently, early detection and research is the best shot we have at a cure. Ladies get your mamos. Men, get the women in your lives to their appointments for their mammograms. In the meantime, Tanks again Pekka, many guys will pin one on but few will paint one on.

2 comments:

Patrick Kissane said...

Jezzuz, all the nice stuff I write about you and you forget that breast cancer effects men too! Not to even mention the near 100 percent certainty of getting prostate cancer. What a sexist post!

Powderhornhockey said...

You are oh so correct 10% of all breast cancer diagnosis are made in men. The are also made at a more advanced stage due to lack of screenings. Clearly I was remiss. Ok, Kissane get me the powder blue ribbon and I'll wear it.