Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blackhawks and Snowdrops

PowderhornHockey
I am feeling a bit like a gardner these days, peeking out the door the on St. Bridget's day looking to see if the snow drops are up yet. This week the Chicago Blackhawks are like snow drops in February showing signs of the early stirrings of life.

Bob Pulford has been relegated to what appears to be a "gentleman's office role" in the organization, dare I say it we may see the Hawks on our television screens by the end of the season. Friends report that they receiving calls from ticket reps offering assistance with information and tickets for this season for the first time. This is a major change from the organization which gave every appearance of enjoying empty houses. Practically inviting season ticket holders to make the drive to to Rosemont to check out the winning Wolves.

Rocky Wirtz, it would still take a press pass to get me to the United Center. However, my nose is peaking out the door and hoping for signs of life. You officially have my radar up, as the season progresses and you tend your fallow garden, I wish for Blackhawk blooms.

No comments: