Thursday, September 27, 2007

No dancing on Bill Wirtz's grave here...

It has been 24 hours since Chicago Black Hawks owner Bill Wirtz has left this life, the tasteless vultures have been dancing on his yet to be dug grave already.You will not see any jigs on this blog only sadness for what could have been.

My last entry and this one will not feature any photos, why? I have never been to a Hawks game. I wish I was a Hawks fan but sadly am not. Since moving to Chicago in 99' I have never had any chance to develop any loyalty to Chicago's NHL team. The Wolves and the AHL quite literally reached out to me through advertising, attractive pricing and quality of product and made this Sabers fan a rabid minor league follower.

This spring I will attend my first Hawks game, joining my partner in a NHL indulgence. I hope we will see a rejuvenated Hawks and a chance for us to fall in love with another level of the game again.However in the meantime, Gods speed Bill Wirtz, I have always thought there is a place in heaven where the ice is always clear, the sun is shining and it is everyones home pond advantage.

No comments: