Thursday, January 15, 2009

The NHL experience, at last and again.

against my old home town team the Buffalo Sabres. To give you a clue how long it had been since I saw the Sabres......

It was 1994 and Lindy Ruff was on the ice not behind the bench. Scotty Bowman was the GM and not with the Blackhawks and Rob Ray the Razor, bless him was protecting Alex the Great and not the color announcer. They were still playing in the Aud, a great old barn with rats the size of cats and cats the size of, well you get the idea.

Last night as we sat in the club level seats thinking how spoiled we were by the near glass seats we have at Wolves and Hogs games we enjoyed seeing the Hogs that had graduated to the “Big Show”. It was nice, the Hawks won and I even found a Tommy Hawk beanie for my mascot collection. But never fear my heart will forever belong to the minors.

Here are the images I caught along the way.



Powderhornhockey

No comments: