Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's time to share....Some Artsy Fartsy Hockey

When making a routine trip to Target this morning I had NPR on the car radio. The local arts program was playing and a great interview with Paul Cline was being aired, right smack in the middle of it Cline said something that just blew my mind. He said he had recently returned to being a working artist himself and found the experience intimidating to say the least. At one point his 14 year old son looked at one of his watercolors and said to him "Dad you always say , if an artist is any good you can see their soul in their work, there isn't any soul in that work." Wow, now that's one tough critic. The concept of putting it all on the line by exposing very personal work is a daunting concept. Now, I must confess I have been holding back, this entry is from a file I have been keeping for the last year on my computer marked "style" these images are very personal, for it is truly how I see the game as I'm capturing it. Often just one clear player or point among a blur of movement, a Monet and Sports Illustrated at the same time, pure Jane Rickard, Powderhornhockey.




Powderhornhockey

2 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

The first pic is my fav.

Powderhornhockey said...

Krogger can't take a bad photo, next year in should he land in Manitoba the tam photog is one lucky guy! I will miss him in Chicago, Krog was always one of my favorite subjects.